Please contact a licensed rehabilitator before moving, touching, or handling a wild animal.The Kalamazoo Nature Center does not accept injured or orphaned animals.

If you are concerned about an injured or orphaned animal, please visit the Michigan Department of Natural Resources website for a list of Michigan Licensed Rehabilitators before moving, touching or otherwise handling the animal. These community volunteers are specially licensed to care for and rehabilitate injured animals and can give you more information on your specific situation.  Only licensed wildlife rehabilitators may possess abandoned or injured wildlife. Unless you are licensed, it is illegal to possess a live wild animal, including deer, in Michigan. Please remember that many baby animals spend most of their day alone, waiting for their mothers to return.

For more information, visit the links below:
MDNR Licensed Rehabilitators contact list
The International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council has a very comprehensive site with information on individual species.