Get outside and give your class, community group, or organization a one-of-a-kind experience with an education program at the Kalamazoo Nature Center! Learn more about KNC’s educational offerings, from our award-winning Nature’s Way Preschool to immersive biology courses for high school students at Heronwood Field Station.
Teachers, Annie’s Big Nature Lesson returns in 2022
Annie’s Big Nature Lesson (ABNL) will be held at KNC this year! Our schedule and capacity are still being determined, but we are starting to register classes. If you are a teacher interested in having your class participate, please record your interest by October 5 by filling out the brief survey here >
You will be asked to share your name, grade level, number of students and ideal month and/or week of the year for your participation. This is not a final registration, but is an interest survey. Teachers will be contacted by October 12 with an opportunity to choose week preferences, set up orientation and complete registration. ABNL is a week-long experience offered to classrooms at $200 for the week. Information regarding outside grants for transportation is available upon request.
Attention, Homeschool Families!
Interested in Homeschool opportunities at KNC? We are in the process of re-imagining our Homeschool programs with a plan to bring them back in early 2023. We would love your input! What are you looking for in a KNC Homeschool program? What schedule would work best? What format is desirable? Fill out a brief form here and we’ll contact you with updates on our new format, dates and times. You will also be able to opt-in to an online survey and/or request an invitation to a homeschool community input virtual meeting on Wednesday, October 6.
Fair Food Matters
Nature's Way Preschool
Email the KNC Registrar with questions or to learn more about booking a program with KNC!
When registering for and/or attending a public program, please keep KNC’s expectations in mind:
- Staff and visitors must practice social distancing at all times, both indoors and outdoors.
- Masks are required while inside, regardless of vaccination status, for everyone ages 3 and over.
- Children ages 3 – 11 are required to wear masks at all programming, both indoors and outdoors. Although not required, we encourage adults to mask at children’s programs as a good example for young participants.
- KNC staff and visitors must wear masks where social distancing cannot be observed at outdoor programs.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all buildings and at all programs, both indoors and outdoors.
- Prior to arriving at KNC, participants should monitor their health for signs of COVID-19. If you show any signs of illness, please stay home.
- In the case of inclement weather, outdoor programs may be cancelled.