Trail hours: Open daily from 9:00 am - 7:30 pm
Visitor Center hours: CLOSED weekdays for renovations, open Saturday 9 am - 5 pm, Sunday 1-5 pm
Restrooms are open daily in the following locations:
Visitor Center lower level | Nature's Playground in the Arboretum | Portable toilets near the Arboretum entrance
Although the Visitor Center is currently closed, there is still plenty to do outside!
See the Calendar for the exciting line-up of programs.
Plan your visit at KNC
There is always something new to do at the Kalamazoo Nature Center with featured programs every month for kids and adults. Over 14 miles of hiking trails wind through some of the most special habitats in Michigan. Our Hosts are here to help you make the most of your visit to the Kalamazoo Nature Center. Have questions? Call us at (269) 381-1574 ext. 0. We look forward to seeing you soon!
When registering for and/or attending a public program, please keep KNC's expectations in mind:
• Staff and visitors must practice social distancing at all times, both indoors and outdoors.
• Masks are required while inside, regardless of vaccination status, for everyone ages 3 and over.
• Children ages 3 – 11* are required to wear masks at all programming, both indoors and outdoors.
• KNC staff and visitors must wear masks social distancing cannot be observed at outdoor programs.
• Hand sanitizer will be available in all buildings and at all programs, both indoors and outdoors.
• Prior to arriving at KNC, participants should monitor their health for signs of COVID-19. If you show any signs of illness, please stay home.
• In the case of inclement weather, outdoor programs may be cancelled.
*Although not required, we encourage adults to mask at children's programs as a good example for young participants.
DeLano Trails | Hours: 9 am - 7:30 pm daily
Please note: New Dashboard Day Pass Required Visitor access to Delano Trails is limited to those who have received a Dashboard Day Pass from the KNC Welcome Station. Members and paying guests must check in at the Welcome Station (7000 N. Westnedge Ave.) The Day Pass MUST be displayed on the driver’s side dashboard for ease of viewing by KNC staff. This new procedure will help KNC better monitor KNC property. Please check the DeLano Kiosk Map for temporary trail/spur closures. These closures are designed for the safety of our Farm staff and operations
Admission Rates | KNC Members free, Non-Members: $5 adult, $4 senior, $3 children 4-17, 3 and under free
Please note: The Kalamazoo Nature Center is a private nature preserve. Dogs, camping, drones, and firearms are not permitted. Bicycles and motorized vehicles are not permitted on the trails.