Tips on setting up a green event
You can use the following guidelines for your KNC event – or any event, for that matter!
- Reduce the Use: Recycle and repurpose items to minimize the waste generated by an event.
- Choose a Climate Neutral Setting: An outdoor event does not require energy to heat or cool the space.
- Consider locally made gifts & party favors: Give handcrafted gifts like soaps, confections, or native seed.
- Cater Locally: Choose a caterer that sources from local farmers and organic green farms. Ask if they will donate any leftover food to a local shelter or food bank.
- Donate leftover food: Ask the caterer to donate extra food to a local shelter or food bank.
- Go Tree free with an electronic invite: Social media or email invitations save paper.