Support DeLano Farms
You can help to support the Kalamazoo community’s connection with the natural world through garden-based experiences at KNC’s DeLano Farms. This year we have nearly one acre in cultivation at DeLano Farms — 25% more than last year. We’re raising vegetables and flowers for 80 families this year. As always, we share our bounty with Kalamazoo area food pantries and animal rescues. We also offer a variety of public programs to engage the greater Kalamazoo community.
With your help, we’ll raise something just as important; awareness and engagement among KNC visitors of all ages. You can support farm operation, including farm interns, farm-based programs, seed, tools and more. Together we’ll learn about healthy, local food. Because along with the sweetest cherry tomatoes, we’re all about cultivating a healthier planet and community.
Donating to the farm supports this work in real ways, including:
- Investing in the hands that feed us
- Providing stipends for farm interns
- Additional agricultural education
- Reducing our carbon footprint
- Replacing worn row cover fabric with more durable materials that will last many years
- Replacing seed starting trays with upgraded, long-lasting trays
- Expanding our capacity
- Adding additional covered growing space to extend the farming season
- Increasing the amount of produce we grow to feed more folks
- Adding additional livestock to further diversify our farm
KNC is a non-profit organization (501(c)(3)) formed in 1960. We are supported by membership and admission fees, monetary and in-kind donations, program and service fees, foundation grants, and endowment earnings.